Annual Golf Tournament
- This annual fund raiser is typically held the 3rd Saturday in May
Shotgun, Four Person Scramble
Andy O' Neil 484-769-2411
- Optimist International Essay Contest
Topic for the 2018-19 school year is: "When All the World’s Problems are Solved, is Optimism Still Necessary?"
The Essay Contest is sponsored by Optimist International to give young people the opportunity to write about their own opinions regarding the world in which they live. The approach can encompass a young person’s personal experience, the experience of their country or a more historical perspective. In additional to developing skills for written expression, participants also have the opportunity to win a college scholarship!
More information to come.
Club winners receive $500 savings bond and advance to the District contest to compete for a $2,500 college scholarship. The District-level scholarships are funded by the Optimist International Foundations.
- Optimist International Oratorical Contest
Topic for the 2018-19 school year is: “Is There a Fine Line Between Optimism and Reality?”
The Optimist Oratorical Contest gives youngsters the chance to speak to the world. More than $150,000 in college scholarships funded by the Optimist International Foundations is awarded annually from this program.
First conducted in 1928, this is the second most popular Optimist International Program. Nearly 2,000 clubs participate in this program each year.
Club winners receive $500 savings bond and advance to the District contest to compete for a scholarship award.
- Purpose: To expose young people to the Optimist Creed and the philosophy of Optimism, while seeking to develop their interest in photography.
Age level: 6th through 12th grade.
Rules: Entrants are asked to take pictures that illustrate one of the ten statements in the Optimist Creed.
Previous Awards: Gift cards to Dan's Camera City located in Allentown. First prize-$100. Second prize-$50. Third prize-$25.
Youth Basketball Program
- This program is run each Fall/Winter for children in grades 3 - 6 in the Kutztown Area School District.
Separately run Boys and Girls Programs.
Contact: Hugh Smith - 610.756.4440
Youth T-ball Program
- This program is run for children ages 4-6 starting in May and running 6 weeks. Games are played on Saturday mornings at the Kutztown Park multi-purpose field.
End of April